15 October 2012

Stuck is the Word


I’m stuck.

Stuck.

Stuck.

Stuck.

I’m only about a page and a half from finishing a novel and while I’ve been pleased with the beginning, middle and even the end, I’m second guessing myself and can’t bring it to a close.

I read an interview by Gale Carson Levine once where she said that every author asks themselves if they have another book in them.  I would add the word “good” to that.  Do I have another good book in me?

Now, I’m not confessing this because I want everyone to reassure me that they’re sure I do have another good book in me, because in another day or two I’m hoping to snap myself out of these mopes and get back to work.  I’m sincerely hoping I have more than one good book in me.  I’m sincerely hoping that somewhere in the far reaches of my being there is a brilliant book.  

But until I find it...

I’m stuck.

No comments: