09 October 2013

Romance-apolooza

For all of you who missed the book signing (and that includes everyone except the authors) you missed some great conversations.

I love the tendencies of women.  Get four of us in the same area of any appreciable amount of time and we're bound to try saving the world through conversation.  It's a great way to get to know people.  Like, for example, Shannon Guymon, author of "Makeover" and "Do Over" along with many others, is a fiesty, single mom who writes for a living.  She's not afraid to talk about her opinions and she's got great hair.  And she was the woman sitting farthest away from me, so I didn't get to talk to her as much.  That just goes to show how much you can learn about a person by listening to what others are saying to them.  And I did some shouting over heads.

The other two women there were Karey White, who's latest book is called "My Own Mr. Darcy" and looks like it'd be right up my alley, and Lisa Rumsey Harris who's book is called "The Unlikely Gift of Treasure Bloom" which has been highly recommended.  These women are great.  You should go read their books right now.

The only issue I had with the whole Romance-apolooza was the absence of the "apolozza".  We were stuck in an out of the way corner by the cook books.  But I really cant complain, because being next to the cook books is WAY better than sitting in the bread aisle.

No comments: