02 January 2014

Happy New Year?

Anyone else have after-holiday blues?

I mean, I tried, really, really tried just to roll over and go back to sleep this morning, but I had a little voice in my ear asking me for breakfast and if she could paint and if she could watch a movie.

Good way to start off the new year: blow every last one of my resolutions on the second day.

I actually tried to exercise, but netflix said there was a problem with my account and I CANNOT exercise indoors without having something to watch.  So, there went that good intention down the drain.

It's now 11:00 in the morning.  I haven't eaten breakfast or showered or gotten dressed.  I've been avoiding the mirror all together.  I've grounded myself to my bedroom for the foreseeable future because I got after the kids for not cleaning up after themselves.  What kid DOES?  Good intentions 2-5 gone.

For my next failed good intention, I'm going to blow off writing a feel-good blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The true key to happiness is to lower all your expectations. Then anything is a bonus. :)