11 March 2014

I See Imaginary People (Only Some Of Whom Are Dead)

I'm working nearly every day on a story that I finished the rough draft on almost 5 years ago.  I'm currently doing something like the tenth, or ten hundredth, rewrite.  I know those characters intimately.  I know their opinions, preferences, likes and dislikes, fears.  All of it.

And I'm bored.

I feel like as a writer I shouldn't say things like that.  Like I should l.o.v.e. working with my story and my characters should feel like coming home.  But it's true.  I am bored.  What do I do about that?  Anyone?

For now, I'm slogging away at it, trying to make this story the best I possibly can before taking the leap - again- of trying to get it published.  And trying to all I'm worth to dodge these people I created and can't seem to escape because they live in my head.

1 comment:

Lyndi said...

Send them on a holiday...out of your head and into the big bad world :)Or better yet, take one yourself! Sometimes its hard to put down (or out of your brain) something you've worked so hard on. I can't wait to read it!!!!