22 February 2014

Hungry

Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks.  I love the sound it makes when all the kernels race each other to the finish line, and then those free radicals that jump out of the bowl after sliding down the chute with their friends.  I love the variety of seasoning options: plain, salty, buttery, kettle corn, taco, cheesy, carmel, jello (I am a Utahan, jello can be used for anything), honey, parmesan, I could go on but you get the idea.

I used to make popcorn in a pot over the stove because it tastes awesome.  You heat a little oil in the bottom for the kernels to bask in until they burst.  Sprinkle salt over top and it's wonderful.  Perfect for eating one snowy white bite at a time or by the handful.

Then my husband bought me an air popper.  It took me a few tries to understand that I didn't have to use melted butter to get the salt to stick, I could use olive oil.  Just drizzle a little over the top of the popped corn, and add salt.  Easy peasey lemon squeezy.

There's just a hiccup, a slight snafu to this arrangement.

Cooked oil smells differently than oil straight from the container.

I have used extra virgin olive oil as my facial moisturizer for several years.  It's all natural, so it doesn't leave a greasy residue, skin soaks it right in.  It's cheap (which I love, as we all know).  And you can buy it anywhere.  I apply twice daily, once in the morning and once before bed.

You see the issue?  Every time I moisturize my face these days I want popcorn.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I never thought to use EVOO for moisturizer...good idea. I'm going to try it. And I never thought to substitute EVOO for butter on popcorn...might have to wait before I'm ready for that plunge. I really love buttery popcorn!