26 March 2014

We're All a Variation on Gruff Sometimes

I should have taken pictures!  I'm only now realizing it.  Sometimes I'm a little slow on the uptake.

Writing for Charity this last weekend was fantastic.  A lot of great authors were there, like: Shannon Hale, Jessica Day George, Clint Johnson, Maryrose Wood, and me. (There may be a little irony in including myself.  Just FYI.)

However, I got a pleasant surprise.  I submitted a short story to an anthology two years ago that they selected to be part of the book.  It's only been available as an ebook... until now.


Behold! A hard copy of a book that includes both myself and Shannon Hale! Together! I got my copy signed by Ms. Hale and I signed my own name right under it because I'm a geek like that.  There are a lot of great, great stories in this little gem, all based on "The Three Billy Goats Gruff".  I think my favorite is a court document detailing the events according the Troll by Clint Johnson.  Very funny and well written.

I was told you could buy this hardcopy somewhere online, but I can't find it anywhere.  The ebook is available on amazon and all proceeds go to help underprivileged kids get books. So, feel good about yourself if you buy it.

Also, just as a closing note: Mr. Joe Monti, the editor I did my pitch to, was very nice and told me my query letter was just fine, but I need to take my whole story and flip it on its head.  When I've done that, I might have something someone wants.

*shrug*

1 comment:

Kami said...

That just came out! I saw it at Authorpalooza at B&N. I'll have to check out this book.